Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow

It's time for another Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow!  This week our challenge is to create a card using the following sketch:
I decided to use the "Shabby Heart" image available in the store:
Shabby Heart
I used design paper from K and Company's "Ancestry" collection.  I distressed and sponged all the edges of my layers.  I used several die cuts and colored my heart with Copic markers.  I added lace with a ribbon threaded through it and a flower I made.

We'd love to have you join our challenge this week, just follow the sketch and link it to the Sugar Creek Hollow blog here.  I'd love to visit your blogs and see your creations! 

Thanks for visiting and please remember to visit my team member's blogs, they'd love to receive a comment from you!

Sugar Creek Nugget:
I Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written , eye hath not seen , nor ear heard , neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 

Entered in:
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #96 - Whateva
Simon Says Stamp and Show Some Love
Wild Orchid Challenge #16 - Love is
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday, FTTC#103 - "Valentine"
Stamp Something - February Digi Day Challenge

22 comments:

Heide said...

Marsha,
This is just so lovely, love the nesties and the layering. Your lace is beautiful, great job with the sketch.

Donna Moore said...

Shabby Chic to the max! Love your flower!!! Gracious woman, you have more mojo than anyone I know, eye catching and totally delicious eye candy! Love it!!
hugs
donna

Sharon Basel said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Marsha! I would "die" for that doily die - it's fantastic and a stunning add here. Your handmade flower is exceptional too. The whole card is just spectacular!
Hugs,
Sharon

Julie said...

Wow Marsha! This is so beautiful! I love the use of the lace, and your flower is stunning. Beautiful choice of colors. Love it!

Hugz,
Julie

Skraptacular Designs said...

Thank you so much for participating in our "Whateva!" challenge this week at Stamptacular! Your submission is absolutely wonderful and so inspirational!

Also, in case you're interested, we're in the middle of a DT Call and would love for you to apply! You can find detailed information on what is required and how to apply on our Challenge Blog...http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com!

Thanks again for joining us this week at Stamptacular! I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Primitive Paper said...

I love, love, the nesties you have chosen to use together. Really sets off the heart image...almost framing it. LOVELY!

Mary Duffek said...

Love the overall shabby vintage feeling....the lace, colors and details are fabulous! Wonderful job.

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful details and gorgeous lace! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing Stamptacular Sunday's "Whateva" Challenge!

Nancy said...

Great job on the sketch (like usuall)! I love the paper and the distressing?

Berenice R. said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing :)

LynneForsythe said...

ooooohhhh how Shabbilish!!! Just love it!

Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

Janny said...

Beautiful card love the colours en thank You for the lovely words on my blog. gr. Janny

Nancy Wethington said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge.

Joseline said...

Okay, this is just over the top. It's so vintage and shabby. I LOVE IT!!!

Peggie said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors.

Makiko Jones said...

Lovely shabby chic style Valentine's day card! So sweet and beatuiful at the same time! Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

Silke Ledlow said...

marsha, yoru card is so beautiful and elegant! Thank you for sharing it with us at the FTTC this week! Hgus ~S~

Nancy said...

Marsha, your colors are just splendid on your card! And, the flourish is perfect!! Gorgeous creation, my friend!!

Marlene said...

What a pretty card! (And I love the way you photograph your cards, too!)

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

This is so soft and beautiful. I love those gentle colors with the shabby heart. Your lace, flourishes and doily are just so perfect with this vintage image. Just so lovely all around!

Colleen said...

Great sketch and I love the big flower!

Vicky McClean said...

I adore this card and have to say adore your work, i happened upon your blog earlier today, i wanted to say hi and im following you and hope one day you will pop over to look at my blog the-artful-codger.blogspot.com
i'll pop back every so often, love your work
Vick in the UK

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!