Sunday, March 6, 2011

JustRite Thinking of You

Yesterday I created a card with one of my JustRite stamps from the "Thinking of You Borders and Centers" collection.  These sets are just perfect to send to those in nursing homes or to friends and family far away.  I made this card to enter into a challenge sponsored by Joan's Gardens.  Joan Fricker is such a sweet person and a pleasure to do business with.  Here is my card:

This gave me an opportunity to use my new Spellbinder's Parisian Motifs and Accents collections.  I colored my pansies with Copic markers and then added Crystal Lacquer to give them some luster.  I embossed the panel underneath with a Sizzix embossing folder.  My card stock is from Stampin Up and my design paper from Basic Grey's Capella collection.  The corner die cuts were made with a Cuttlebug die.  I then added a few pearl dewdrops for the final touch.

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful Sunday!

Challenges entered:
Joan's Gardens - use JustRite stamps
Anything Goes Challenge Blog - distressing
Stampin Sisters in Christ - stamped flower image
Case Study Challenge - be inspired
Our Daily Bread Design Challenge - yellow, pink, blue or ivory - use two as focal color

26 comments:

Sharon Peele said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love your DP!!

Marlene said...

Best word I can think of to describe this card: Elegant! Beautifully elegant. Great job.

Joan Fricker said...

Oh Marsha this is so beautiful. I love your color combination too.

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for the weekly challenge with JustRite Stamps. So fun!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Beautiful card. I love the new Spellbinders Parisian dies, but not seen where they are available yet. Your color and layout is really pretty. Good Luck with the Challenge

Sue W said...

It's a beautiful card Marsha! Love the colour scheme :) and your pretty bow. Good Luck!

Grace said...

Oh it's beautiful!!! I love this set! I might need this one in fact! LOL! I just discovered Joans store this week myself and made a little purchase! Hope to have time to join the challenge too... we'll see if the rest of "life" agrees! LOL! Yours is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Jan said...

I love your soft tones of colour, and the layers, so very pretty!!

Jan said...

I Love your soft colours, very pretty!!

Kris Turner said...

Hi, Marsha: What a gorgeous card! Love the Parisian elements. Great job! Thanks so much, too, for your kind comments on my blog. This has been a very fun hop.
Kris, Wadsworth, OH
www.visionsinmyheart.blogspot.com

MaxineD said...

Ooh that is lovely Marsha :-) just so elegant and almost understated.
Blessings
Maxine

Miesje said...

What a beautiful card! Love the vintage look to it. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Hope to see you again.

Nancy said...

Marsha, this is so elegant and the colors are beautiful! I love that new Spellbinders die.

Melina said...

very elegant...love the colors you used :)

MariLynn said...

This is so beautiful! I love the vintage look. Made me add that die to my wish list!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.

sue said...

a beautiful card thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how soft and beautiful!! I just love your colors and the elegant design!! Beautiful dp!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!

Elizabeth said...

Marsha, this is absolutely delightful!! So soft and feminine. Lovely, lovely card.

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Oh my goodness, Marsha, this is so elegant and beautiful!! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Crystal said...

So Beautiful! I love the Parisian Dies!!

GLENDA BROOKS said...

Very pretty! Love the pink and green. Your card is so elegant and I just love that look!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty! Love all those spellbinder accents!

Aimes said...

What a beautiful and elegant card!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Marsha, I have already told you how much I love your card, but I forgot to thank you for playing along in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Sue Kohler said...

So elegant Marsha, an amazing colour scheme and DS paper!
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study! :)

Colleen said...

Pretty card - the die cuts are so pretty too!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!