Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sensational Saturday Challenge

Hope you're having a sensational Saturday!  This week Sugar Creek Hollow would love to see your cards created using a handmade flower.  Here is the card I created:
I chose  "Vined Cross".  I colored the area around the cross with a Copic marker and then adhered to a die cut made with the Heartfelt Creations/Spellbinders "Decorative Oval Window".   I used Pink Paislee's "Queen Bee" design papers which has gorgeous yellows.  I made my flowers from the same papers with a Sizzix die and sponged with Tim Holtz distress inks.  For the swirls around my flowers I used a  Marianne's Creatables die.


Sugar Creek Hollow is celebrating their one year anniversary this month!  You will see wonderful new cards by our designers and each of them has candy for one lucky winner who comes to comment during the hop as well as a grand prize winner from the challenge blog comments.   The winner of the blog candy will be drawn on March 31st. 


I'd like to extend a big WELCOME to  LANEY, who is the first Guest Designer to be chosen from our Cards of the Week.

Visit the SCH Blog to get instructions on how to enter this week's challenge and while you're there, please take a look at the Design Team's cards.  You can also get instructions on how to win a free digital image and become a guest designer!

Thanks for visiting this week, I love to receive comments!
Challenges entered:
Wild Orchid Challenge 18 - anything goes
Crafty Pad Challenge 111 - use a ribbon
Gingerloft Challenge 13 -  use those flowers
Southerngirls Challenge - use flowers
A Spoonful of Sugar Challenge - vintage/shabby
Stamping Sisters in Christ 

Sugar Creek Hollow Nugget:

Matthew 22:28-29 (NIV)  
28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

Mieke said...

Beautiful. I love it.

Have a nice day.

XX Mieke

http://hethobbyhoekje-vanmieke.blogspot.com/

Donna Moore said...

Wow girl, this just takes my breath away, just when I think you can't make me gasp again I find this treasure! Stunningly gorgeous!!
hugs
donna

Renlymat's World of Family & Crafts said...

How elegant! I love your frame around the cross. The colors are so perfect for this beautiful cross. Your flowers turned out great. I really like the crimped look.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

LOVE this creation! Gorgeous colors and the flowers are perfect! Great job!! Have a wonderful weekend!

MaxineD said...

Lovely card, Marsha, the colours are just beautiful. The scripture was spot on for me today, after a rough week. Thank you.
Blessings
Maxine

Marlene said...

Wowza...that is gorgeous. I struggle with making these types of cards. you've done a beautiful job.

Primitive Paper said...

Oh Marsha, what a delicate piece of art. So lovely and dainty. Your flowers are perfecto!!!

Heide said...

Marsha,
Such a stunning card! Great flowers and Fab colors!

Moira said...

What a beautiful card.. once again I am amazed by you.

Dawn Edwards said...

Wow Stunning Card so elegant. Love the colors and your flowers are fabulous!Thanks for all the inspiration.
Dawn

Becky said...

Stunning card! Wonderful design and loving those flowers. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

MariLynn said...

Such a pretty card. I love the flowers. Thanks for sharing it with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ.

Grace said...

This is so beautiful! I love the colors and your pretty flowers! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Cass said...

This is beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I can see the time and love you put into this.

Have a great day!

Kristine said...

Oh wow, this is so elegant and lovely!! Love the cross, papers, flowers, everything =) Thanks for sharing it with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Colleen said...

Beautiful card and I love the cross!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!