Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sensational Saturday Sketch Challenge

Hope you're having a sensational Saturday!  This week we would love to see your cards created using the following sketch:

Here is my card I created using this week's sketch:
I chose to use a Sugar Creek Hollow digital Butterfly.  I used Basic Grey's "Kioshi" design paper which has some gorgeous pastel colors.  I then colored my image with Copic markers to match the color in the DP.  I used diecuts from Spellbinder's and Marianne's Creatables.  I embossed my center panel with a Sizzix die and sponged with SU plum ink.

Just visit the SCH Blog to get instructions on how to enter our challenge and while you're there, please take a look at the Design Team's cards.  You can also get instructions on how to win a free digital image and become a guest designer!

Thanks for visiting this week, I love to receive comments!
Challenges entered:
Die Cut Dreams Challenge #84 - spring garden theme
Incy Wincy Designs - Feb 28th Challenge #83, Spring is in the Air
Sentimental Sunday Challenge #44 - anything goes
Wild Orchid Challenge #18 - anything goes
Creative Inspirations Challenge #101 - in the garden
Flutter By Wednesday Challenge #144
Fussy and Fancy Challenge - embossing and/or paper piecing
Stampin for the Weekend Challenge #5 - Springtime

Sugar Creek Hollow Nugget:

Phiippians 4:6-7 (NIV)  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

15 comments:

Primitive Paper said...

Hi Marsha...you never disappoint!!! True talent is one who is consistant with their art and yours is just that. These soft colors you have chosen look so Eastery, and are the perfect touch for this lovely butterfly.

Nancy said...

Marsha, this leaves me speechless this week! You have outdone yourself!! I love the colors and all of your textures! Thanks also for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesdays!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Such a soft & pretty creation! LOVE the dimension you have achieved with the butterfly! PERFECT!!

I'm so thrilled to be working side by side with you ladies this month! Thanks for always inspiring me with your work!!

Heide said...

Marsha,
You card makes me yearn for spring! Such lovely spring colors and the beautiful butterfly!

Netty said...

There are so many elements on this card my eyes are darting about all over it to try to take it all in. It is a fabulous creation. The colours and layers are great. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation. Annette (Incy Wincy DT)

Marlene said...

Very pretty. Great use of layers, and I love butterflies, so this rocks!

Nancy said...

Wow! You took such a simple sketch and made it something gorgeous. The colors are stunning!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A really beautiful card - the soft colours are gorgeous and I love that butterfly! Thank you for joining in the fun at Sentimental Sundays. Hugs, Sylvia x

Susie Sugar said...

Wow Marsha this is a beautiful card I love the soft colours and that butterfly is tdf
Thanks for joining in the Die cut Dreams challenge this time
Hugs Susie Sugar and the Dream Team xx

HappyCrafter said...

What a lovely card, Marsha, So glad you joined us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Marsha what a beauty this is that butterfly, papers and design look truly wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Melina said...

very pretty! gorgeous butterfly :)

NGCARDS said...

A very pretty card hun! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of In The Garden at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

clare brown said...

wow this is stunning and perfect for our spring theme over at SFTW.

clare x

Colleen said...

Wow - beautiful coloring, and beautiful papers!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!