Thursday, October 20, 2011

Autumn Leaves

Good morning!  Today finally feels like fall again with temperatures in the fifties here in the Carolinas. We had such a hot summer that I'm happy to see cooler weather!  I'm also enjoying making fall cards this year, especially since Create with TLC has so... many gorgeous fall collections!  I have an autumn leaf to share today:



I loved the blocked leaf Paulette created so I really took some artistic liberty with this and added colors in Photoshop.  I liked the colors, but wanted more so I used my distress inks to change colors on the leaf and subdue the background.  I recently acquired a Cricut so I "had" to play with that and found this adorable background frame on the "Elegant Frames" cartridge and my words on "Autumn Celebration".  I had a hard time finding the design paper I wanted to use at first, but Basic Greys "Indian Summer" seemed to fit what I was going for.

Now I have a little brain teaser for you, what word do you think most appropriately describes our season of the year in the US right now, "fall" or "autumn"?  I "Googled" it because I could not for the life of me figure this out! 

Happy fall or autumn!  Thanks for visiting, I love reading your comments and appreciate your support!

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your colours in your card, Marsha, and the way you have used the image.
Blessings
Maxine
p.s., autumn wins hands (or should that be leaves) down.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Marsh this is absolutely gorgeous you have captured the Autumnal colours perfectly the design and that leaf image look fabulous
Hugs
Lorraine x

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!