Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Summertime

"Summertime...and the living is easy..."  this was one of my favorite songs, one that I absolutely could relate to.  I can remember the last few days of school just waiting for Summer to officially begin and freedom!  I loved nothing better than heading to the beach as a teen and working on my tan, of course this is a "no no" now!  Now I avoid the beach from June to September - far too many tourists.  I love working in my flower beds, smelling freshly mown grass and watching my grandchildren splash in the pool.

To celebrate "Summertime", I have a delightful Sara Kay stamped card to share with you today.  Create with TLC's sentiment was just perfect:
Bernadette Admiring Her Flowers


I pulled out my Prismacolor pencils to color Bernadette and chose Basic Grey's Lemonade design paper.  I cut out my card shape with my Grand Calibur and used Spellbinders dies for all my layers and sentiment.  

Thanks for visiting, I love reading your comments and appreciate all your support!
challenges entered:

Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Make it Monday - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - anything goes
Great Impressions Challenge #4 - diecuts and punches
Divas by Design - Summertime theme


10 comments:

Sarah-Jane said...

Lovely card, really pretty. I saw your card on Make it Monday. Your card would be perfect for the Summer challenge at Divas by Design.
Sarah-Jane xx

Carla S. said...

This is beautiful, Marsha! I love the DP and the sweet image! Paulette's sentiment is perfect!

Shirley-Anne said...

SUPER BEAUTIFUL. love the sweet image, coloured perfectly and the frames .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday.

craftieodmae said...

love it, I have several of those stamps and always forget them..........thanks for the reminder!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Such a lovely image, gorgeous card.

I came over from your link at MIM. I'm #16 & #130 this week. I'd love it if you stopped by to check them out.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful image Marsha, and you have made it come to life with your coloursing - love the way you have echoed the colours from your dp in the image,layers and bow.
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shaped card.Love the colours and your shading on the sweet image.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, such a sweet card! love this image and your soft colouring is perfect.

Pretty colour combo.

Thank you for sharing with us at make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Berit Synnøve said...

This is gorgeous. Love your colors and the shape on the card.
Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion.
Hugs Berit - GDT

Unknown said...

Sweet card, gorgeous image... Thanks for sharing with us at Divas By Design Challenge Blog, big hugs Jo xxx

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!