Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cardinal Rose

I'm sharing my second Heartfelt Creations project with you today made with the new Magnificent Cardinal Rose stamp.  I made a recessed window card to showcase my cardinal:
You Mean So Much To Me

Card details:
Heartfelt Creations Products used: HCPC 3382 Magnificent Cardinal Rose PreCut Set
HCPC 3303 Posy Patch Flowers PreCut Set
Spellbinders Products used: Labels 10 Nestabilities
Other Products used: Martha Stewart Garden Gate punch, Sizzix Damask embossing folder, 
Memento Tuxedo black ink, Gelly Roll white pen, Atyou Spica gold pen, X-Press It blending card, Basic Grey Oliver design paper, Bazzill Basic Guacamole cardstock, Michael's ribbon, Robin's Nest dew drops
Copics: R0000,R14,R24,R29,R39,R59,R89,N5,N7,C00,Y21,Y26,YG0000,YG97,YG95,E35,E37
Stamp cardinal image and posies on blending card and color with Copic markers. Cut out and set aside. Cut a piece of guacamole cardstock 6"x12", scoring in the center of the longest side. I used a technique found at Splitcoast Stampers for a "Recessed Window Card" but enlarged the dimensions of my "window" to correlate with the size of my cardinal stamp. Trace a square in the middle of the front panel of cardstock, 4 3/8" x 4 3/4". You will have a margin of 7/8" on either side and 5/8" on the top and bottom of your cardstock. Measure in 1/4" and trace another square within the first square. Cut an "X" from corner to corner and using a bone folder, score the outside and inside squares. Fold these to create a window and then glue a 4 3/8" x 4 3/4" panel of design paper inside the window.  Next I glued the embossed garden gate to the bottom of my frame and attached my sentiment. 

I'd love to see any cards you have made with the new Heartfelt Creations releases - just leave a comment with the name of your blog.  Thanks for visiting!  


10 comments:

Marlene said...

This is beautiful...I love the recessed window - and the depth it gives. Very nice.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Recessed Window card, wonderful coloring!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh my word this is so beautiful!

Angelica Turner said...

Marsha, I absolutely love how you designed this card, love the dimension the recessed window adds to the design.

HappyCrafter said...

This is gorgeous, Marsha! I love how rich and ornate it came out.

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful framing around the Cardinal Marsha.....This is a lovely card.

LindaS said...

OMG it is wonderful - it is art - love the frame especially.

Sharon Basel said...

Wow Marsha this is a beauty! Love the recessed window and how it just frames that gorgeous cardinal so perfectly. So wonderful!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Shirley said...

Your corners are wonderful! I have that stamp set too. The garden gate punch is lovely here and it really didn't impress me until now. Your card is beautiful!

Renee Matarese said...

Marsha, this is gorgeous! I love that border and the dimension the card seems to have.

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!