Thursday, September 20, 2012

Vintage Anyone?

If you've ever visited my blog, you know I have a great love for vintage images.  I love all the embellishments and creating that special antique look to my cards.  I believe I get my "vintage" blood from my aunt.  She was an "antiquer", even to the point of stopping and knocking on someone's door if she saw a desirable item sitting on their porch. She would also appear at garage sales way before the advertised time to get that head start, sometimes offending the seller at those early hours.  My daughter and I love to kid each other when we score a fabulous bargain declaring we have a little bit of "Aunt Jean" in us!  

Create with TLC just strikes a chord within me.  Paulette has such spectacular vintage images, which really whets my vintage appetite!  I have a favorite image to share with you today from her collection:

card recipe:
image fromTLC, Cricut frame, Cuttlebug embossing, silk ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon,
handmade stick pin, Viva Decor gold accents, Copic markers, distress inks

I could not find my original image, but this is now available in a collage as "Fashionable Marvelous You".  I just love this elegant vintage image and felt the embossed frame made a really beautiful display.

Thanks for visiting my blog today, I love reading your comments and appreciate all your support!

3 comments:

Patti P. said...

Marsha this is gorgeous. I love the EF, it frames this beautiful image so well. Your pin and ribbon are so elegant.
You do vintage so beautifully.
hugs...

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Marsha this is just gorgeous - love how you have let the image speak for itself.
Blessings
Maxine

Glenda said...

This is wonderful! Loving that stick pin!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!