Monday, February 18, 2013

Easter Blessings


It won't be long before Easter is here, in fact last Wednesday was the beginning of Lent which will run until March 30th.   Easter is on March 31st this year.  Lent defined is a special time of prayer, penance, sacrifice and good works in preparation of the celebration of Easter.  A lot of people fast during this time, giving up things which they really enjoy.  I am involved in a Bible study series and we were all encouraged to journal daily.  I decided to journal again emphasizing my daily gratitudes.  I find it absolutely impossible to feel blue or complain when I'm concentrating on my blessings!

I have a special Easter card to share with you today.  This adorable lamb is the creation of Maybelle R. O., owner of Whimsy and Stars Studio and can be found here.

Easter Egg Lamb

This is such a cute image to design with!  I received some new design paper from Bo Bunny "Very Vintage Double Dot Pad"  and paired this up with some paper from my stash.  My sentiment is from Sweetly Scrapped and matched my colors!  I added trim with a Martha Stewart punch and my flowers were created with a SU punch.  I colored my lamb with Copics and sponged with distress inks.  

What are you doing for Easter this year?  I can remember dressing up every Easter Sunday with a new dress, hat, gloves and patent leather shoes to wear to church.  I couldn't wait to get home and return to my play clothes!  And of course there was that much anticipated, waited for Easter basket.   My favorite treat was the little marshmallow chicks and bunnies.

Wishing you a blessed week!  Thanks for visiting my blog today and would love to hear from you!

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet card Marsha. Love your image and the dp you have used.
The part of Easter that I appreciate the most is actually the 'Words From the Cross' service on Good Friday.
Blessings
Maxine

maryrose said...

I simply adore sheep, and this one is too precious! Love this card, Marsha! Great job!

maryrose said...

I simply adore sheep, and this one is so precious! Great job on this card, Marsha!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Marsha, this is a cutie! Love the coloring and the papers you've paired this with - it brings the colors of your card right out!

Easter is such a special time of the year, I smile just thinking of it's return :)
Blessings!

Penny said...

Very sweet card--cute image, love the design & papers, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh how cute! I love the layout you used. And fun image!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!