Sunday, May 3, 2009

An Early Mother's Day Card

Hi Everyone! My fingers are crossed that my internet woes are finally over. We lost connection again Tuesday afternoon through Friday afternoon so now I'm really, really behind! I did work on some cards during this down time. It's not too early in May to think about Mother's Day cards. I used Papertrey Ink's Quilter Sample set and Aqua Mist cardstock to create my card. I also used the cuttlebug to emboss my paper, which happens to match the plaid dp I used. My Martha Steward border punch and Nesties were used to add the final embellishments.
I embossed an outline for the inside of my card with my Scorpal and decorated with the dp paper. The hydrangeas and pearl dewdrops add the final touch.
I consider myself especially blessed to still have my mother to celebrate with this Mother's Day. She is in a nursing home but she still enjoys visits and the occasional outing. Spend time with your loved ones every opportunity you have!

6 comments:

Christine Riley said...

How beautiful! Love the colors and layout. Just gorgeous.
Hugs, Christine :)

Julia said...

What a beautiful card! The sentiment inside is perfect and I like the DP you used. I'm sure your mother will treasure it.

Mae said...

Very lovely. I just love the border punch you used.

Brandi said...

Great card~ the sentiment is wonderful!

Smiles,

Brandi

MarieL said...

Beautiful card, Marsha. What a great idea to stamp on the plaid DP. I love PTI, but don't yet have this set.

Danni said...

Very pretty card! I've had my eye on that set for a while...so neat!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!