Thursday, September 23, 2010

Keep My Lamp Burning

This is a sympathy card I made for a dear friend who passed away this week with pancreatic cancer.  He and his wife and boys were active members of our church when they lived here and were involved in everything going on in the community.  I just love this lighthouse image from Our Daily Bread Designs.  The light is a beacon and the charts on the image guide our way.  Certainly tools that someone making a career in the Coast Guard uses frequently.   It also reminds me of a song our choir sings, "The Lighthouse".


I stamped my lighthouse with Versamark and then used gold embossing power.  I added a Spellbinder's frame and cross.  I laced jute through the scallops of the frame and added "shells" for a more nautical look.  My sentiment was stamped with Tim Holz's Distressed Ink "Old Paper".  The design paper is aptly named "Sandy Beach" by Penny Black.  On the inside of my card, I used the poem "Crossing the Bar" by Lord Alfred Tennyson.

I feel blessed that I can use my craft at times like these.

Thanks for visiting today!

13 comments:

Craft Paper said...

Marhsa, I am sorry for your loss.

Your card is stunning!

Becky said...

This is stunning, love the gold.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sisters in Christ.

Melina said...

Aww, how pretty! I love it :)

Marlene said...

It's a beautiful card. What a sad loss.

Grace said...

Wow oh wow!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE this card... the lighthouse, the sponging, just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Joseline said...

Marsha, this is so pretty. My you be their light.

Peggie said...

Such a beautiful card. It is sure to bring a bit of joy to this sorrowful time.

Jill said...

beautiful card Marsha thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin Challenge hugs Jill xx

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is so lovely! Beth

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Marash - what a beautiful card for such a moving time - I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, I know you must be feeling the loss! Thank God for His peace and His love that touches us wherever we may be, This mans family are in my prayers! Thank you for joining us with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week Marsha! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh what a beautiful Sympathy card! Your friend will so appreciate this. I so love your use of the fall colors and your lighthouse. Thanks for joining the SSCC this week!

Moira said...

So classy.

Love the monochromatic look to this card.

Colleen said...

So beautiful - love the lighthouse image:)

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!