Monday, January 18, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Creation

I wanted to make another creation from Sugar Creek Hollow. This time I decided to alter an item. I'm really excited about the *T mailboxes this year. These are probably old news to a lot of you, but I've really had a great time decorating these for Valentine's Day. I followed a tutorial by Emily Giovanni. I cut my design paper 4"x12" and allowed for a 1/2" hole punched where the flag is located. Both ends of the mailbox are removable so I traced around them with the same DP. I decided to cover the flag and stem and add some Martha Stewart punched hearts. The "Forever" sentiment from Sugar Creek Hollow was cut with a Nestability die and I colored the edge with a Krylon gold leafing pen. The outer edge of the mailbox end pieces are covered with 1/4" ribbon.
Supplies:
Basic Grey Bittersweet
Prima mini roses
Dewdrops
Krylon gold leafing pen
Martha Stewart punches
Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Tracey said...

This is so beautiful. I just love those mailboxes:)

Melina said...

Awwww! this is so cute!

Christine Riley said...

Too cute! I love the flower accents, it's just gorgeous. The script on that sentiment is lovely as well.
Hugs, Christine :)

Elizabeth P said...

Outstanding work Marsha!!! I love it! It´s soooo beautiful! :)

Melanie said...

Beautiful, I love the flowers on it.

JayLynn said...

Gorgeous! That DP is so lovely and the flowers are so beautiful!!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!