Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pixie Dust Studio Challenge #6, 3-D Project

Time for another Pixie Dust Studio challenge entry! This week we had to create a 3-D project. I chose the "Forest Friends Princess and Peek-a-boo" stamp since it would make a great "stand-up" doll for my trinket box. First, I decorated a round box I had in my stash. I used Basic Grey "Urban Prairie" design paper to cover the lid and bottom. I punched out a lace border and then also punched out ribbon slots to thread my yellow ribbon. I attached a silk bow on the top and then added the crowning touch, my princess.
I've also included a photo of the opposite side of my box.
I think this will be a perfect gift for one of my granddaughters, hmm ... maybe I'd better make a few more!
About my card:
Basic Grey Urban Prairie design paper
Cardstock and SU ribbon from my stash
Martha Stewart and EK Success punches
Copics: R22, R20, RV0000, B0000, Boo, BG01, Y31, Y17, YG95, E000, E00, E17, E18, E19, E31, E35, E37, C00
Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

Tracey said...

WOW, I am speechless. This is amazing! You did a wonderful job on creating a 3-D project.

Good Kardma by Jules said...

What a beautiful little trinket box! Your coloring is always so inspiring (wish I colored that well!) and how you covered the box is very creative.

Melina said...

Very, very pretty project! Love it :)

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! You rocked this!!

Anonymous said...

Marsha, this is beyond CUTE! WOW..when I saw it I just smiled from ear to ear. You are such a clever and talented lady! Thanks for taking the Pixie Challenge!

Lana Clarke said...

Well this is just so adorable!!!
Thanks for playing with the pixies
Lama x

JayLynn said...

OMGOSH!! This is amazing!! I must see the tutorial for this, it looks so neat :)

Lisa Foster said...

WOW Marsha!! Love this! Fabulous job! :)Thanks for playing along with us at PDS!
Hugs,
Lisa

Lesley said...

So pretty, I just love that Basic Grey paper!

cabio's craft corner said...

Very sweet altered creation Marsha. Thanks so much for joining us and PDS Challenge. Hope to see you again for the next ones :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

April said...

That is an amazing box! Love your photography for it too...

Moira said...

This is great.. yep - you better make enough for all the granddaughters or they might be jealous! Just think.. one Christmas present already made!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!