Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving and a JustRite Christmas

First, I want to wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving. This is such a wonderful time to give thanks for all our blessings and to be with loved ones. Of course, not only does the turkey get stuffed - there are so many delicious culinary creations to enjoy! This year I am blessed to be invited to my daughter's for Thanksgiving. So... I had a little time to create a card this morning.
The day after Thanksgiving officially launches Christmas for me, and I just love creating Christmas cards! I decided to see what I could create with Justrite's "A Merry Little Christmas" set. I saw one of Becca Feeken's cards where she used a wired ribbon and I had to give this a try. I stamped my image and then cut and embossed the image and adhered it to the coordinating scalloped nestability. I mounted my ribbon and image on Spellbinder's pendant die, Kaleidoscope. I then cut two Spellbinder's "Fancy Tags" dies to enhance my pendant. My "Joy" sentiment is from a Martha Stewart punch. Dew drops add the final embellishing touch. My design paper is from Basic Grey's "Wassail" collection.
My "bells" were colored with the following Copic colors: YR23, YR21, Y38, Y17, R59, R46, R29, G14 and G05. I used red and gold Atyou Spica pens to add a little glitter, but I don't think it shows up in my photo.
Thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

JayLynn said...

This is just beautiful!! It looks so rich and elegant :)

Jennifer said...

This is lovely! Such rich colors.

Tracey said...

Very nice, I love the diecut background.

Colleen said...

Very pretty - the DP's and all the layers go so well.

Melina said...

This is a very pretty card! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Melanie said...

Oh wow, this is georgous!!! I love the deep colors, very elegant.

AnnMarie said...

Wow!!! This card is amazing!! Really, really beautiful!

Tracey said...

I love the rich colors. Be sure to stop by my blog, I have a surprise waiting for you.

paige said...

wow! love the colors and die cuts on this card

April said...

I just can not get enough of your stuff....another beautiful card.

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!