Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Birthday Blessings

I was recently asked to make a birthday card for a friend, and of course I said yes.   I didn't discover until later that the card was for her friend who is celebrating her 100th birthday!   How thrilled to take part in this special occasion!  

I fell in love with this PTI set "Lovely Layers" the first time I saw it.  I guess I wasn't the only one because it was on backorder for a while.  I chose fall colors for my palette:


On the inside, I used a digital SU sentiment 


I also used a circular greeting from Desert Diva and modified the design with Photoshop adding the "100".  I used distressed inks which coordinated beautifully with my design paper and sponged the same moss green ink on my embossing.  The sentiment is from the Vintage Filigrees Fancies collection, Amazing Paper Grace Stamps.

Thanks for visiting my blog today, I always appreciate your comments and support!

7 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

This is gorgeous, Marsha! I like how you decorated the inside too, and personalized it with the 100. What a privilege to make such a special card :-)

kiwimeskreations said...

Marsha this is stunning. Love your colour palette and the design is stunning.
Blessings
Maxine

Renee Matarese said...

This is beautiful Marsha!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Marsha this is so lovely it has such an elegant look to it the colours and design are just perfect.
hugs
lorraine x

Penny said...

Marsha, this is so beautiful! And for such an auspicious occasion! :^) Love the pretty colors you chose, the stamps you used, and your design! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Danni said...

Beautiful! So special!!

kadie said...

Gorgeous bday card! You really have a way with papers and texture!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!