Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Crafters of Faith January Blog Hop

Good morning!  We went from winter last week (even snow!) to spring like weather - we're supposed to have temps in the 70's today.  I can remember being able to store my spring and summer clothes during the winter, but not anymore.

Today I have a card for our monthly blog hop.  I belong to the Crafters of Faith blogging group on Splitcoaststampers.  The challenge is hosted by Sharon this month and she has asked us to use both old and new stash and tell what's old and new.  We were also challenged to use a new technique.  Here's my creation:




I used Flourishes Lenten Rose stamp for my image and colored with my Copic markers.  I used a new embossing folder (new to me), Cuttlebug's Julie's Garden.  My SU border punch is old, as well as my ribbon and SU card stock.  My hearts were cut with a Creative Memories punch which I still consider "new".  My new technique is Triple Stamping by Joan Ervin and is listed under tutorials at Splitcoaststampers.

This was fun trying out something new!  Please take a moment and visit my blogging sister's blogs, you make get inspired to try a new technique!  They are listed on my sidebar.

Thanks for visiting, I appreciate your support and love reading all your comments!

Challenges entered:
Joan's Gardens Blog challenge:   use pink and white, at least one heart, pretty border

22 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Marsha, I love this beautiful soft pink for your delicate flower. This is one gorgeous card, and makes one look forward to spring. I kind of was having that same inspirtaion with my bluebird.

Penny said...

Just gorgeous, Marsha! I love the technique you used on your image! Love the colors and design on this card, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Glenda said...

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous!

Joan Fricker said...

Your card is beautiful, so fresh and springy. I love that embossing folder. Great job.
Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

craftieodmae said...

beautiful! Love the hearts!

Jacquel said...

Wow! Your card is so beautiful Marsha! Love the soft, delicate colors you used & that technique really shines on this beauty! Awesome, awesome job on the challenge Hun & TFS!!!!

MiamiKel said...

Squeal! This is just delightful, Marsha! What a soft and warm and wonderful card - awesome technique! The pinks really bring this gorgeous stamped image to the forefront.

So blessed you are a COF sistah! Love you!

Melina said...

Marsha! This is gorgeous. Great soft colors :)

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Marsha! Wonderful coloring and design!

Barb said...

WOW--this card is so pretty! I love the triple layer technique--I printed out the details and need to try it soon. The image is gorgeous and is perfect for this technique!

April said...

That is gorgeous! I think I may have to try this technique! Your coloring of the flower is absolutely stunning!

Unknown said...

This is Lovely very spring like.Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network.
Kaz.
DT
xx

kadie said...

Love that triple stamping technique, Marsha! And your card is GOREGOUS!! hugs, kaide

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Marsha, your triple stamping card is amazing. Such soft delicate colors and a gorgeous flower along with a perfect bow. WOW!

maryrose said...

Marsha, this is beautiful! I just love the soft pinks and greens...it looks like spring! Great job with the technique and the challenge!

maryrose said...

Marsha, this is beautiful! I just love the soft pinks and greens...it looks like spring! Great job with the technique and the challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

Marsha this is so pretty and beautifully executed.
Blessings
Maxine

stamp-color-and create said...

Marsha, this is just so beautiful. I love the soft pastel pink. Thanks for playing along.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Marsha, you triple stamped way better than I did!

Such a pretty card. The colors, textures and that pretty ribbon and bow. Wow!

I am not sure why, but I was not following your blog....? I have you on my list, but just realized today that I was not seeing your pretty stuff. I am so sorry!!! Now I cannot wait until your next creation!

Gretchen Wilson said...

This is is beautiful card and I love the Lenten Rose from Flourishes. I have that one and have done it a couple of times, but I really like your method. i will have to try it.

Darlene said...

Wow, Marsha!! You really took the new technique to a new level here!!! Totally in awe of your coloring and layout details, they are gorgeous! Everything about this card is wonderful!!

Karen said...

Beautiful card! Very pretty soft colors.

Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends.

Karen

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!