Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow and Blog Hop!

Saturdays are always sensational at Sugar Creek Hollow!  That's when the design team creates new cards to share with you for inspiration.  This week the design team was challenged to create an image using a technique called  "Faux Barn Board" which was  featured on Splitcoast Stampers.  Well, I did not have any white acrylic paint so I used my Cuttlebug folder that embosses a wood grain look.
Christmas Cardinal

I thought the Christmas Cardinal image would be ideal against my barn board.  I used Webster's Pages for my die cut and K and Company DP.  My CS is from Bazzill.  

My cardinal is colored with Copic markers and I sponged distressed ink around the image.  Dew drops, satin ribbon and lace complete my embellishments.

Please join us for this week's challenge!  We would love for you to play along,  just make your creation using the faux barn board technique and link it up with Mr. Linky HERE

I've listed our DT members below and hope you will visit, we love to hear from you!  

Thanks for visiting and have a sensational Saturday!

Sugar Creek Hollow Nugget:  





Hosea 2:18 NIV

In that day I will make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and the birds of the air and the creatures that move along the ground. Bow and sword and battle I will abolish from the land, so that all may lie down in safety.

Challenges entered:
Freshly Brewed Challenge - Winter, Christmas
Creative Belli Challenge - Red, Ribbon, Ric Rac (anything R)
Cute Card Thursday - Blast from the Past - I used challenge 138 (anything goes)
Marks Finest Papers - have a bow on your card

19 comments:

Tracy Vinson said...

Hi Marsha, may I say that your coloring is outstanding on this cardinal!!! I love the deep, rich, tones of red that you have achieved. Great work this week!

Renee Matarese said...

I love your rich, traditional colors. The cardinal is one of my favorites and you showcased it perfectly here!

Dawn Edwards said...

Marsha your card this week is Fabulous! Love the rich colors of your cards. You made an excellent choice using the cardinal it fits perfect.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Marsha this is stunning I adore the image of the Red Cardinal and along with your gorgeous vintage style design this is first class.
hugs
Lorraine x

Marlene said...

Oh my gosh - this is gorgeous. I love it...and especially love the addition of that shiny red bow in the corner.

Donna Moore said...

Hi Marsha! Hope your Thanksgiving was filled with love and blessings!

Your creation this week is drop dead gorgeous! I love your colors and all your very special touches but I must say your cardinal is breathtaking! A spectacular job of showcasing him!!Beautiful!!
hugs
donna

AnnMarie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Beautiful, Marsha!

Heide said...

Marsha,
What a lovely card, I love what you did with your faux wood and great DP to go perfectly with the cardinal.

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

LOVE IT!
The colors, the shine the bling, the gold and the wood - it all looks so amazingly good together! Lovely, lovely card Marsha!

Gunn

Peggie said...

Beautiful card. I love cardinals.

Terria said...

Wow Marsha this card looks gorgeous you could give it as a gift by itself. Love it!!

Sharon Basel said...

Oh my! There's so much to take in on this gorgeous card - the charms, beautiful paper combination and such a regal looking cardinal - especially with the wood backdrop. I love the dew drops on this too - a perfect finishing touch!
hugs,
Sharon

Julie said...

This is so beautiful! I love the background paper you have chosen with the cardinal. Your embellishments are the perfect touch.

Hugz,
Julie

Joanne (jojot) said...

beautiful....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful ribbon and bow! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Vanja said...

Beautiful card! Fantastic layout.

Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs, Vanja

Lesley said...

Very cute, I love how you used the dew drops!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! This is totally awesome!!
Thanks for sharing it with us Speedy's Friends.

Colleen said...

Pretty card, Marsha! Love the ribbon too!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!