Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sensational Saturdays at Sugar Creek Hollow

Saturdays are always sensational at Sugar Creek Hollow!  That's when the design team creates new cards to share with you for inspiration.  This week the design team's challenge was a color combo using:
Christmas Angel
I love this Christmas Angel, she is such a gorgeous digi!  I initially colored my image in Photoshop before I printed it out so I would have the pink already colored. I then went over the wings with Shimmerz "Candlelight" and a gold Atyou Spica marker.  I painted around my angel with Twinkling H20s.  The layer underneath my image was embossed with snowflakes and then sponged with SU Craft Whisper White.  The Spellbinder's frame is laced with an organza ribbon.  There is design paper underneath if you look close enough, Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding!  I added Prima roses and an EK Success butterfly border over my lace trim.  This was a real challenge for me using the color combo, I guess I can't think beyond traditional Christmas colors this time of the year.


Please join us for our sketch challenge!  We would love for you to play along,  just make your creation using the color combo and link it up with Mr. Linky HERE

I've listed our DT members below and hope you will visit, we love to hear from you!  

Thanks for visiting and have a sensational Saturday!

Sugar Creek Hollow Nugget:

Psalm 91:11
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

15 comments:

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Marsha!
this is gorgeous! Love how you combined the angel with the butterflies.

Hugs
Gunn

Donna Moore said...

I too had a hard time with the colors but I must say you pulled this off like the artist you are! Once again you have shared a gorgeous card, all of your special touches are laced with the artist in you that make all you touch simply breathtaking! Thanks for the candy!!
hugs
donna

Tracy Vinson said...

Marsha, your cards tell such a story with all the elements you incorporate. I also struggled with this color challenge but I am telling you....I would never have known it for you. My favorite element this week is the ribbon laced through the little hints of flowers. Over the top and just an all around lovely art piece.

Sharon Basel said...

Gorgeous card Marsha - filled with so many beautiful details. Love the butterflies with the butterfly angel and your die cuts/punches you've used. Love your take on the colors too. Very pretty card.

Renee Matarese said...

Your frame and border are lovely and the embossing behind the beautiful angel is a nice touch. Very pretty card.

Heide said...

Marsha,
You have pulled off the color challenge perfectly! What a superb card. Love the butterflies and the angel.

Dawn Edwards said...

Marsha you have created a Beautiful card this week. I love all the Details. The butterfly accents are so cute!

Peggie said...

Pretty card. Love the colors and the butterflies.

Julie said...

Beautiful card! I love all the details. You pulled off the color challenge perfectly.

Hugz,
Julie

Lesley said...

Very pretty colors, I love the flowers!

Cec said...

Gorgeous card. I particularly love the frame with the ribbon through it, the flowers and the way you made the embossed snowflakes pop.
Hugs!
Cec

Tracey said...

I love the colors and the border of flowers and leaves is stunning.
Hugs,
Tracey

Colleen said...

Pretty colors and I love all the flowers!

Steph Ackerman said...

Marsha, this is gorgeous.

Steph Ackerman said...

Marsha this is lovely. The added butterflies and the punch really add to the great design.

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!