Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow Saturday Challenge

It is Saturday and we have a really fun challenge for you at Sugar Creek Hollow this week. We want to see a vintage, shabby chic or primitive card or other paper-crafted project that features a RECIPE CARD. The recipe card can be shown either on the front or inside of your project and the recipe itself should be a family favorite that has been passed down over the years.  Well, that being said, my recipe has been passed down for a few years, it is a favorite I obtained when I joined Weight Watcher's a few years ago:




I don't cook as much as I did when my children were living at home and we like quick and easy meals most of the time.  After all, when you're retired you never have any time to yourself!  I have passed this on to several friends and to my children.  This is so yummy on those cold winter days!  You could easily add some other vegetables to make this ever heartier.


We hope you will join along with our fun challenge this week!  If your recipe isn't easily read from the photo of your project, then we would ask that you detail it in your post. It would also be great if you could show a photo of the finished recipe. Your recipe can be of any type and we would love to hear the story behind it. Soon your family's favorite could become someone else's family favorite so thanks for sharing.


This week one random winner will receive a digi of our choice and a winner's badge to display. In addition, the Design Team will choose one project as Card of the Week and the creator will receive a badge and will be in the running for a Guest Designer spot.


Don't forget, we also have Christmas Blog Candy for one lucky winner to be chosen from our challenge entries between now and Christmas Eve.



Thanks for visiting my blog, I love reading your comments and appreciate all your support!

10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

looks yummy and I don't cook as much either,

Glenda said...

This is just lovely! So much attention to detail!

Cec said...

This is a must try recipe. My husband and I love hearty soups and this has lots of good stuff in it to make it a dinner meal - just add crusty bread or Patti's cornbread - yummy. Your card is gorgeous and showcases the recipe beautifully.
Hugs!
Cec

Heide said...

Love the ease of this recipe, you card is adorable.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous recipe card, Marsha! I love the papers and embellishments you used! The recipe sounds delicious! Might have to pair this with Patti's cornbread!

AnnMarie said...

Beautiful card and boy does that recipe sound yummy! I hope you know. Marsha that I visit your blog when I am in need of inspiration! Your projects are always so nice. It is very obvious that you love what you do and it shines through in your works of art!! Thank you for the inspiration. :)

Tracy Vinson said...

Marsha, I have made something similar to this before and this is so yummy and filling. Your card is just the perfect compliment.

Patti P. said...

Marsha, I love your images that you've used on your card and that beautiful bow. Your recipe looks easy and delicious...can't wait to give it a go. Sounds like a quick and easy recipe for December when things are so busy. Have a great weekend.
Patti

Ana Carolina Little said...

Marsha, I love your style. You have beautiful cards!!!, and thank you for always leaving such sweet and lovely comments to my projects, you are a sweetheart :) !!!.

coldwaters2 said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Marsha I so love the vintage look to this with the image, colours and design a super card.
Hugs
Lorraine

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!