Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Olivia!

I just had to share a birthday card I made for my oldest granddaughter who just turned 10!  I can hardly believe it!  She is on the way to New York City today with her mom for her birthday present.  Only wish I could be there with them!  Anyway, here is the card I made with "Wings of Hope" by Crissy Armstrong for Whimsy Stamps.  I have had this awesome stamp for some time now and was waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it.  My granddaughter is obsessed with horses and collects everything "horsey"!


I used Cosmo Cricket "DeLovely" design paper because it is just so bright and beautiful!   I added decorative multi-colored ribbon to give the effect of a true carousel.  My carousel horse is colored with Copics:  R11, R43, R83, C00, C1, C7, G14, YG03, Y28, YR21.

Thanks for visiting!


10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous, she will definitely love it xxx

Craft Paper said...

Aw! Very pretty and girly! Your granddaughter will love it.

Melanie said...

Aw this is georgous!!!! I have been eyeing this image too and love what you did with it.

Melina said...

I love how you did the ribbon :)

Monica said...

what a beautiful card!! Your granddaughter should go nuts over it!!

Tracy Vinson said...

Oh this is lovely. I am sure she will treasure it always knowing that you made it for her. I wish I was in NYC too!!!

Marlene said...

Beautiful!! This is so different...and I LOVE different!

Colleen said...

What a perfect little girl bday card!

Lesley said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Moira said...

What a beautiful image.. not something you see a lot of.. thanks for sharing!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!