Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Ferret Fever!

I fell in love with this cute little ferret from Meljen Designs and decided he would look great on a side step card. I love trying new card techniques, so when I saw this type of card I knew I would be making one soon! I cut my card stock 6" x 12" so my ferret had to fit on a 2" wide panel. There are other sizes you can choose, just do a search for "side step cards".
I am entering my card in the current Flutterby Wednesday Challenge #100 - congratulations Danni!
My card is also eligible for entry in several other challenges:
Here is an angled view:
I had so much fun creating this card! The image is adorable and the side step design was a challenge. I used Bo Bunny design paper and Canson card stock. I decided to create a little outdoorsy scene so my "grass" was made with a Cuttlebug folder and a Martha Stewart punch. The wavy cut was created with a Creative Memories paper cutter. I love using buttons and the five on the bottom are strung with jute. A few dew drops and the essential butterflies complete the "picture"!
Copics:
E00, E25, E33, E35, E50, BG01, Y17, Y23, R05, R11 and R20.
Thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

Danni said...

Wow!! This is one fabulous card!! Awesome!!

Marlene said...

So cute! Love that ferret!

Terria said...

Wow this is such a fun looking card:)

Joseline said...

Great card! Looks like a lot of fun to make!

HappyCrafter said...

What a neat card! I used to have a ferret, they are so fun, and this is a fun card too. Is there a link you can share with us to a tutorial for this type of card?

JayLynn said...

This card is so neat!! I love the wavey edges on your side stairs!!

Wendy Hall said...

How fun!! Thanks for playing with us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!!

Melissa 'meljen' Jenkins said...

Wow I really love all of the elements and textures! :-) Thank you for entering in the Featured Stamper contest.

Moira said...

Great card!

Love the buttons along the bottom!

Bright and fun!

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh girl, you are so overly talented. I love this card and think you did a fabulous job.

csroyal said...

Very nice! Glad to see you at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!

Lesley said...

Wow! I love everything about this card, I have to try this!

Tracey said...

You are just so creative, this is too cute.
Tracey

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!