Friday, March 12, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Fabulous Friday - God Loves a "Cherry-ful" Giver

It's Friday again and time for another Sugar Creek Hollow Fabulous Friday challenge. This week the requirement was to use buttons. I chose this simply stunning design, one because I love the verse and two because the cherries seemed perfect for this challenge. I actually stitched around the cherries and I think this is more visible on my second picture. I used an Ornare template to pierce the corners of my design paper. I painted Luminarte H20 Egyptian Gold on the frame (one of my favorite colors!) around the sentiment and then used Shimmerz Pink Poinsettia on the sentiment itself. I used Copic markers R29 and YG63 to color and a brown Copic multiliner pen. My branches are from an EK Success punch and sponged with distressed ink. I distressed the first and second background papers and sponged with distressed ink also. A red bow completes the picture!
You can see the stitching better here:
Thanks for visiting and be sure to check out my team members creations! Tracy also has some new Easter designs on the store website here. Have a "fabulous friday"!

18 comments:

Marlene said...

This is gorgeous!!! Looks just like a box of chocolates!

MiamiKel said...

Gorgeous!! Such a stunning color combination and that touch of gold is sheer perfection! :)

Donna Moore said...

Sheer elegance! Marlene is right, it looks like a very expensive box of chocolates, and I totally agree with MiamiKel, it is truly gorgeous!!

Cheri said...

Very pretty! Love how you pierced on your card, and the buttons are perfect!

Stephanie said...

Oh this is just gorgeous!!! love the use of buttons too... great job.

Joseline said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love this card! You did an amazing job girl!!

Good Kardma by Jules said...

What a creative way to use the buttons and I love that touch of gold!

Tracy Vinson said...

This is so bright and cheery...I just love what you did with the buttons and cherries.

Christine Riley said...

Beautiful card! I love the sentiment and I love the colors you used.
Hugs, Christine

Unknown said...

love this, such a beautiful card.

April said...

That is a fabulous card...I love cherries!!!

Melina said...

I love your button cherries! Marsha this is such an elegant card and at the same time whimsical :) Great job!

Nancy said...

Awesome...I can't wait to use this digi as I have some fabby paper to use with it!! Love your layout!!

JayLynn said...

Oh I love all the buttons for the cherries! Great card!!

Lesley said...

I love how you used buttons for the cherries!

Colleen said...

So pretty! Love the gold!

Tracey said...

Stunning!

Moira said...

Love how you used the buttons as the cherries!

Great card!!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!