Friday, March 19, 2010

Sugar Creek Hollow Fabulous Friday -You've Tied Up My Heart

It's time for another Sugar Creek Hollow Fabulous Friday! When I saw this ruffled red gingham check lace, I knew for sure what my card for the Friday challenge would be. I love the new apron and sentiment design and thought what a great combination for a Mother's Day card. Webster's Pages had the perfect design paper to go with this.
I paper pieced my apron with design paper from Stamping Up. I then added the ruffled lace and machine stitched the lace and apron to my paper. I added buttons, a heart charm and key ring charm. I sponged my sentiment and the edges of my design paper.
Be sure to check out the rest of the design team's creations...
And also join us in Sugar Creek Hollow's first Saturday Sketch Challenge! Just visit the homepage here.
Thanks for visiting!
p.s. I'm entering this in the Shabby Tea Room Challenge.

17 comments:

Marlene said...

WOW!! Love this!!! So adorable! Great job. That apron looks so dang real, I feel like snatching it off and putting it on!! (Not to cook or anything....I just like it! Heehee)

Donna Moore said...

Marsha this is one of my all time favorite cards! You just nailed this in every way possible, thanks for giving us the awesome eye candy!!

Tracy Vinson said...

Oh my goodness....this is so over-the-top Marsha. I keep coming back over here and looking at it and I see something new each time!

AnnMarie said...

Love the vintage feel! Great job!!

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Love that '50's look! And how creative to make the apron like that.

MiamiKel said...

Gorgeous!!!!! This is just as cute as can be - so detailed and so full of richness! Well done!!

Melina said...

Very vintage...love it! :)

Tracey said...

WOW!!! Marsha this is adorable. The apron is looks so real! What an awesome job you did.
Hugs and Smiles,
Tracey

Christine Riley said...

Marsha, WOW! This card is fabulous! I love the vintage feel to it and I love the image with that sentiment. Wonderful card!
Hugs, Christine

Peggie said...

This is just fabulous. Love the apron. What a neat idea.

Debbie said...

I {heart} that Webster's Pages DSP! Such a pretty and shabby card -- great job! Thanks for joining us this week at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM! I hope you can come back and play again next week with our new challenge :)

HappyCrafter said...

it's so homey! the addition of the lacy/fabric bits to the apron is fantastic.

April said...

Oh wow...I just love this and love the saying that you have with it...wonderful as usual!

Audrey Pettit said...

Cool card! Love how you used the fun Webster's Pages paper, and your pieced apron is adorable. Thanks for playing with us over at The Shabby Tea Room.

Lesley said...

How cute is this card, I love it!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is one of my favorite cards ever with SCH images. Really fabulous job with the paper piecing and ribbon! You totally ROCKED our DT challenge this week!!

Colleen said...

Fun card! Love all the details!

I love to read your comments!

I love to read your comments!